My photo
I feel that I must do all I can to keep alive the motorcycling legacy of Edgar, my dear, late Grandfather, whilst maintaining the high educational standards set for me by my Mama. I abhor naughtiness and immorality.

The 2010 TT Film

Whilst in London last week, I went to see the spectacular 3D film about the 2010 TT races, "Beyond the Edge". I did enjoy it although the 3D effect wasn't strictly necessary - the racing was good enough.

I was very excited because my good friend Jennifer had seen it, and said that I had been filmed sitting in the Grandstand at Douglas!  Well, I didn't see myself although I think Grandad Edgar was in one of the snippets of film shown of the earlier races.

It was so lovely to see dear Guy Martin featured - although it wasn't his finest set of races and, of course, he landed up injured.  He does cut a very handsome figure, with a roguish attitude, but I didn't like it when he discussed "wa...ng"; what young men do in the privacy of their trousers should remain a mystery.

I think one of the first films to feature on-bike camera shots was produced by Champion Spark Plugs - "The Throttle Works Both Ways" - and I am definitely in that!  That was 1975, and that rascal Mike Hailwood is featured - the director gave me a copy and I still have it!

7 comments:

  1. Three cheers for the Broadway cinema in Nottingham. They have got the film showing this week and we will be there on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might trek across to see it there - look out for an old bald bloke.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading many of your comments on other blogs, I have longed for you to start your own. I look forward to many enjoyable posts.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Miss Scarlet! I feel so proud to have a lady of class visit my little blog! Just a word of warning dear: go steady on the ladies' undergarments on your new blog - no need to inflame the men too much.

    I think you are a good friend of that Nurse Myra? She's a feisty gal - a little close to the edge of decency sometimes, but that's Australians for you. It's their background. Anyway, perhaps you could intercede with her and get her to display the picture of my niece's pussy that I sent her?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello:
    At present our knowledge of all things motorcycling is very restricted but we hope that through regular visits here this most important, yet previously neglected, aspect of our otherwise well rounded education will be substantially augmented.

    And, we do so approve of your determination to uphold the highest standards of decency on your blog. Mary Whitehouse, in our view, has never had a decent replacement and the time is ripe for a worthy successor. Could that be you, dear Miss Jessop?

    We arrived here via the absolutely charming and well equipped Miss Scarlet [her lavatory is a model of inspiration] and we look forward to reading of hot tarmac, alloy wheels, chequered flags and other such excitements in future posts. Where you lead, Miss Jessop, we shall be Following in the sidecar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello again, Miss Jessop:
    Thank you so much for visiting our blog and for leaving such a generous and witty comment, to which we have made reply. We are thrilled and honoured to see our name in your 'Hall of Fame' and look forward to developing our dialogue [and knowledge of all matters two-wheeled]in due course.

    Perhaps also we shall acquire a deeper understanding of the many intriguing characters who feature in your writing as already our interest is piqued.

    Happy Grand Prix weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How delightful to hear from you again! I do occasionally have some quite rough people visit this site (Nikos), so it is such a pleasure to have persons of culture as well - people like yourself, the lovely Miss Scarlett, and the charming Brady - his wife is a Molecular Scientist, and is moving to Germany to undertake post-Doctoral research.

    ReplyDelete